This course covers in as much detail as possible all the aspects regarding the basic skills necessary to find ones way in the wild, locate and eliminate physical and psychology issues that can prove fatal if ignored, emergency signaling, some first aid, selection and use of gear, movement methods, and strategy for self sustenance.
Selecting emergency compatible gear.
Staying light and sufficient.
- Map and compass reading use and interpretation.
- Orienteering techniques and strategy.
- Fatigue and psychology aspects.
- Exposure and prevention.
- Fundamental but vital first aid response in the wilderness.
- Rescue and emergency signaling.
- Mentality when isolated in deep Wilderness.
- Walking and breathing techniques for strength and endurance.