The ability to cook well outdoors is very fundamental not to mention necessary and rewarding. It is one of the most important skills for outdoor living and the base plate upon other topics will be endured. Proper nutrition and tasty food is important for maintaining good health and a raised morale. Whether a modest camper or a dedicated tracker this course will prepare you for anything from cooking a simple meal in the woods to setting for an expedition and dressing processing big game.
- Introduction into outdoor and wilderness cooking.
- The importance of hygiene in the wild.
- Preparing for expedition.
- Tools of the trade.
- Cooking fire craft (see upper right image).
- Backwoods recipes.
- Backwoods drinks and brewery.
- Various ovens.
- Broiling and baking.
- Breads pies etc (see lower right image).
- Dressing processing Game.
- Drying and smoking meat.
- Storing and hiding food in the wild.
- Preserving methods for various foods.
- Improvising in an emergency.
- A wilderness feast.
Duration: 2,5-3 days
Participants: 3-9 People
Destinations: Rhodopi Mountains, Pindos Mountains, Kissavos Mt, Parnassos Mt, Parnitha Mt
Prerequisites: None, however Practical Bushcraft Course can be a plus.